You lot wanted a book.
Well, you’re in luck.
So many of you have asked for it that we are going to be doing a print run of the FAC:ABC in picture-book form! The above images are from a test print we did, but the final product should be quite similar.
Here are the relevant details:
- It’s pocket-sized, about six inches by five inches.
- It’s printed on high-quality paper in full colour (which, in this case, means red, blue, yellow, grey, white and black).
- It includes a fold-out sheet with all of the informational blurbs, but they’re not printed as part of the book (it can’t be bound properly with that many pages).
- It won’t be free, unfortunately, because we just don’t have the finances to have them all printed to give away. However, we will not be asking any more than the absolute minimum required to have them printed and ship them out. Update: it looks like the books will be $2 each, plus shipping!
- Should we, despite our best intentions, accidentally end up with some kind of profit, all of it will be donated to the Forever Manchester charity. It seemed appropriate.
For the record, if you’d like a copy of the book because you are actually in it… yours is free. Thank you for your music.
Are you interested in a book? If you are, here’s what you do:
- Drop us a line in our submit box here. You do not need a Tumblr account of your own to do this! (Please try not to use the ask box if you can help it; it’s notoriously unreliable and we don’t want to lose your message.)
- Alternatively, send us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell us: your name, your e-mail address, where you live (you don’t have to be specific, just general area of the world), how many books you think you’d like, and your favourite Factory artist (why not?).
- When we hear from you, we will get in touch with you using the e-mail address you provide. If you didn’t get an e-mail and think you should have, contact us! We’ll also post updates to the FAC:ABC blog.
We’ll look forward to hearing from you, and we’ll keep you posted.
One last announcement to make; keep an eye out for that tomorrow!
The Soul Kitchen presents : New Order & The Wake (1982)
Il a fait signer Madonna sur Sire Records – et produit Everybody. Il a aussi produit/remixé Quando Quango ou Marcel King sur Factory Records. Il enseignait au Mexique. Il me semble avoir passé un jour des disques à la même soirée que lui. C’était à Paris, au début des années 2000. Je crois que nous avions parlé de New Order. Il est décédé le 15 février 2013, d’une crise cardiaque.